Monday, September 24, 2007

Introduction to this blog

I am starting this blog today because I feel passionate about serving this world in a way that is nurturing to myself, my family and to everyone involved. To this end, I introduce you the Community Gathering, which is a cross between a family-friendly festival, a town meeting, a family reunion, think tank, a learning center and a strategic planning session with break out groups. You can learn more about how this works and why I think it will be a way to enhance the people power generated now by the Ron Paul revolution, and how it can continue even after the election: Community Gatherings: helping neighborhoods become free, thriving, self-reliant communities.

When I returned from traveling (at the age of 19) for 13 months mostly in Asia, traveling overland from Turkey, through Iran, Pakistan, Afghanistan, India, and Sri Lanka, the desire for a self-centered, me-first, life was gone. I had a revelation that in order to be truly happy, I needed to serve others in a way that also brought me joy.

For the past 33 years I have been on a quest to discover what I loved to do, and how I could use those gifts in serving others. I finally figured out that what made me happiest was to gather with other in a spirit of cooperation and community.

I also got very frustrated, because even though I found that others shared this desire, they were too busy to get together. I decided to give up being frustrated, and find a solution to this very real problem. And thus the idea of the Community Gathering was born.

I really hope that you will check out the slide show and more description of the Community Gathering at http://www.myspace.com/communitygathering.

I hope you will join me in this quest to help make a better world one neighborhood a time. Perhaps this Community Gathering idea will inspire you to have one in your area. Let me know if you are interested, and I will help in any way I can.

No comments: